|-[What's New]- -[About Cone
Shells]- -[More Information]- -[Resources]- -[Contact Us]-
|Predator: The Movie Clip
- Animated .GIF (475K) extracted from .AVI movie
- AVI Size: 3773K
- Duration: 49 second clip
- 00:00 Predatory cone shell (Conus textile) with siphon up
moves over a small mollusc pinning the mollusc with its foot. Note the extended black and
white banded siphon, and extended red proboscis coming out of the mouth.
- 00:05 Cone shell turns the mollusc towards it with its foot.
- 00:10 Cone shell uses its proboscis to probe for the soft
underbelly of the target mollusc..
- 00:20 Cone shell pushes its proboscis into the opening in
- 00:25 Envenomation: Cone shell fires its venomous barb. Some
venom visible in water.
- 00:35 Cone shell turns mollusc towards its mouth and
"beds down" on it again.
- 00:43 Envenomates a 2nd time. note the puff of white toxin
in the tank water.
Do you have any positive comments or/and questions ? Please
send to Dr. Bruce Livett
Copyright © 1998 Dynamix@WORK! All rights reserved. Last updated on March 30, 2004.