Bruce Livett's Mollusc Links
Other Cone Shell Links
Links to other mollusc sites
- Peter Egerton's "Seashell and Mollusc Links"
Conidae - The Giancarlo Paganelli Collection
Great site for cone identification: currently with over 487 images!
A new website about cone snails
Cone shell and Conotoxin Homepage
"Charmaine's Killer Snail Homepage"
Catalogue of Recent And Fossil Conus, 1937-1995
The South African Endemic Cones
The martensi - berdulinus - kintoki - coelinaeGroup of the Genus Conus
Peter Egerton's Sea Shells and Mollusc Links
This site is devoted to the study of molluscs, especially their fantastic and beautiful shells
Sea Shells by family : http://modena.intergate.ca/personal/seashell/shelllinks.html#Families
Resources for Conchologists
- Paul Scott's invertebrate
home page at Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
- Gopher Index
- Guido T. Poppe & Yoshihiro Goto's Conchology home page lists over 4600 images of shells, about 200 alive, and arranged by family. Go to Cyberconchology, Mollusca, CONIDAE. There is also a direct link to Animals4ever (on which you can find even more shells and input your own information). Here there is a specific SEARCH engine listing 1243 entries for CONIDAE. The entries are now also linked to literature references. The Picture Gallery provides a thumbnail view to facilitate an overview of the species you are interested in. eg. entering 'conus' as genus, into The Picture Gallery Search Screen displays 480 thumbnail images of Conus. As of Jan 2001, the total number of images on Conchology exceeded 4600, and on Animals4ever 6000.
- Worldwide Conchology (CONIDAE)
- Molluscan Pictures Links Gastropoda
- Hardy's Internet Guide to Marine Gastropods A comprehensive updated resource on gastropods.
Varman's list of shell shops/suppliers in Australia and International including:
(i)Shell Exchange Sites (ii)Australian Seashells (iii)Australian
- Mollusk or Mollusc ? Gary Rosenberg's marvelous "Conchatenations" column on just this
subject - in the September 1999 issue of American Conchologist
- Molluscan and / or related links by CHAN Sow-Yan
- Recent & Fossil Mollusca - List of Systematic Research Collections
at museums and other sites.
- Malacological Societies and Shell Clubs - a world listing. Originally
compiled by Philippe Bouchet for Unitas Malacologica and updated for the COA Web site (CONCH-NET) by Deborah Wills.
Includes shell clubs and malacological societies in Australia, China, Europe, Fiji, Guam,
Hong Kong, Israel, Istanbul, Japan, Mexico, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Okinawa, Panama,
the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Russia, South Africa, South America, Taiwan and the USA.
Ross Mayhew announces that Contacts for international Malacological and Conchological societies and clubs
can be found at http://www.manandmollusc.net/LinksMala.html .
Contacts for USA Clubs, societies, unions, etc., can be found at
Medical applications of molluscs
- Wonder Thread: Univ. of Delaware Scientists report first protein with
Collagen and Elastin-like Domains (for developing artificial skin and biometric
- Scripps Scientists tap oceans of knowledge. From El Nino to cures for cancer.
BGL November 1996